11 December 2010

High S4 system requirements

I love the S4 and I have tried it out quite alot... at home, cause I can't use at live gigs.
Reason: My computer isn't up to par.

After installing Traktor Kontrol S4 on my "DJ-computer" I was sad to see that the processor meter peeked most of the time. My computer is three years old and has a 1,6 GHz which is more then enought to run Traktor Pro, but unfortunately not S4. Jaycobson just got his S4 this week and tried it on his computer yesterday. He's got a 2,0 GHz DualCore Processor and did experience the same symptoms... However, when he connected his Audio 8 DJ and ran the audio through that it worked okay. It got about a 50% load, but no peeks.
I tried the S4 software on my stationary and work computer and the software didn't peek there either. Both computers are pretty high performance.

So... I'm looking at a new computer.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Windows® XP (latest Service Pack, 32 Bit), Vista®/Windows 7® (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Pentium®/Athlon® XP 1.8 GHz OR Core™2/AMD Athlon™ X2, 2 GB RAM

Mac OS X® 10.5 or higher, Intel® Core™Duo 1.66 GHz, 2 GB RAM

USB 2.0 port, DVD drive, 6 GB free disk space for complete installation

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try increasing the latency a bit. That would work.
I'm working fine on a 3 year old Vaio with the S4.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the feedback! :) I tried that, but the lag got to big to enjoy the tightness..
Did however try to route the audio through my Audio 8 DJ and that helped alot. Still got some peeks, but it helped quite alot.

Unknown said...

please help i cant get my s4 to light up nor work on my laptop.it has 3 gig ram intel duo core 2.40ghz .i feel like smashing it against the wall by now.